A gaggle led by Blackstone, the most important personal fairness fund globally, along with Abu Dhabi Funding Authority (ADIA) and GIC of Singapore, made a non-binding supply not too long ago to buy a majority stake in Haldiram Snacks Meals Pvt Ltd (HSFPL), the joint packaged snacks and meals enterprise of the Agarwal household’s Delhi and Nagpur branches, in line with knowledgeable sources.
Haldiram, at 87 years outdated, stands as India’s foremost snack and comfort meals enterprise.
In keeping with an ET report, Blackstone and its companions are keen to accumulate 74-76% of the corporate, valuing the enterprise at $8-8.5 billion (Rs 66,400-70,500 crore). ADIA and GIC are each restricted companions or sponsors of Blackstone’s international funds. Ought to the deal materialize, it could mark essentially the most important personal fairness buyout in India up to now.
When requested for remark, Haldiram CEO KK Chutani informed ET, “The corporate has no feedback to supply.”
Final 12 months in Could, Chutani, beforehand the chief government of Dabur Worldwide, was introduced in as Haldiram’s CEO, marking the primary time an expert has taken the helm.

About Haldiram's

About Haldiram’s

The completion of any transaction hinges on the profitable merger at present underway between the Nagpur and Delhi factions, as a part of a plan authorised by the Nationwide Firm Legislation Tribunal (NCLT). This merger is anticipated to conclude throughout the subsequent three to 4 months.
The Haldiram household has undergone a major restructuring, with the Nagpur and Delhi factions splitting their FMCG (packaged meals) and restaurant companies into separate entities.
The newly fashioned Haldiram Snacks Meals Pvt Ltd (HSFPL) is the results of a merger between Haldiram Meals Worldwide Pvt Ltd (HFIPL), led by the Nagpur faction, and Haldiram Snacks Pvt Ltd (HSPL), led by the Delhi household.
The Delhi facet of the household, represented by Manohar Agarwal and Madhu Sudan Agarwal, will maintain a 55% stake in HSFPL, whereas the Nagpur faction, led by Kamalkumar Shivkisan Agrawal, will personal the remaining 45%. The jap faction of the Haldiram empire isn’t concerned on this merger.
The snack meals enterprise of Haldiram’s encompasses the manufacturing and distribution of a variety of merchandise, together with snacks, namkeen, sweets, able to eat and pre-mixed meals, cookies, non-carbonated ready-to-drink drinks and pasta. The corporate has a world presence, working in 100 nations, usually by means of franchisees, together with within the UK, US, and Japan.
Additionally Learn | India will give beginning to Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch, JPMorgans within the coming years: Raamdeo Agrawal, Motilal Oswal group
Haldiram’s has expanded its portfolio by introducing sub-brands reminiscent of Minute Khana, Cup Shup, and Cookie Heaven, and has not too long ago entered the chocolate market with the Cocobay model. The corporate can also be specializing in increasing its presence in retail supermarkets and quick-commerce platforms, aiming to compete with established gamers like Britannia in cookies and Mondelez and Amul in candies. Moreover, Haldiram’s has acquired smaller manufacturers reminiscent of Babaji Namkeen, Akash Namkeen, and Atop Meals.
The restaurant enterprise, valued at Rs 1,800 crore, isn’t included within the merger transaction.
Haldiram’s has a wealthy historical past, relationship again to 1937 when Ganga Bishan Aggarwal began the enterprise as a family-run sweets and namkeen store in Bikaner, Rajasthan. Whereas Haldiram’s is a dominant participant within the snacks market, it faces competitors from different notable manufacturers reminiscent of PepsiCo’s Lays and Kurkure, Balaji Snacks, Prataap Snacks’ Yellow Diamond, Bikanervala, the not too long ago listed Bikaji Meals, and ITC Meals’ Bingo franchise.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here