In 2024, the US was Toyota’s biggest market globally, with a volume of 2.3 million vehicles.

Toyota will keep running its operations as it has been and focus on bringing down fixed costs, it said on Monday, not expressing any intention to raise vehicle prices in response to US President Donald Trump’s tariffs.

Japanese domestic media reported earlier on Monday that the world’s biggest automaker does not plan to raise prices for vehicles sold in the United States for the time being, even as Trump’s 25 per cent tariffs on global automotive imports take effect on April 3.

‘While closely monitoring developments from US authorities including tariffs, we’ll continue to work on reducing fixed costs and maintain our current operations for the time being,’ a Toyota spokesperson said in a statement.

In 2024, the US was Toyota’s biggest market globally, with a volume of 2.3 million vehicles.

  • Published On Mar 31, 2025 at 07:40 PM IST

Join the community of 2M+ industry professionals

Subscribe to our newsletter to get latest insights & analysis.

Download ETAuto App

  • Get Realtime updates
  • Save your favourite articles


Scan to download App




Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here