England fast bowler Brydon Carse is under investigation by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) after he was reportedly involved in an incident outside a nightclub in Derby on Saturday night.

Footage circulating on social media appears to show Carse surrounded by police officers with his hands behind his back in handcuffs. A Durham teammate can also be seen speaking to him, while former England Test captain Ben Stokes is visible in the background of the footage. The ECB has confirmed that it is investigating the incident, Sky Sports reported.

Carse was in Derby after helping Durham secure a 338-run County Championship victory over Derbyshire. He took two wickets in the match, while Stokes claimed five wickets for 17 runs as Durham completed a comprehensive win. Reports said Durham players subsequently went out to celebrate their victory.

The incident comes at an awkward time for Carse, who is expected to be part of England’s squad for the second Test against Pakistan at Lord’s. He was not on England duty when the incident occurred, having been released to play for Durham after not featuring in the first Test at Headingley.

Reports indicate Carse was briefly detained and later released without charge. The circumstances surrounding the incident, including what led to the police intervention, remain under investigation.

BEN STOKES’ OWN NIGHTCLUB CONTROVERSY

Stokes’ appearance in the background is notable given his own recent nightclub controversy.

Earlier this summer, Stokes and England seamer Gus Atkinson were investigated by the ECB after being present at the Rex Rooms nightclub in Chelsea following England’s first Test against New Zealand at Lord’s. The pair had breached the team’s midnight curfew when an incident involving a Saracens rugby player took place at the venue.

The ECB later concluded that Stokes was not involved in the altercation and did not witness the incident. Stokes and Atkinson were subsequently cleared of serious wrongdoing, although both received written warnings over their conduct and the breach of team protocols.

Stokes’ latest appearance in footage from another England-related nightclub incident therefore adds an intriguing backdrop to the Carse investigation, although there is no suggestion that he was involved in what happened to the Durham fast bowler.

For Carse, the immediate focus will be on the ECB’s investigation and whether the incident has any impact on his availability for England’s second Test against Pakistan. The ECB has said it will provide a further update when possible.

– Ends

Published By:

sabyasachi chowdhury

Published On:

Aug 23, 2026 23:02 IST



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here